How we collect / obtain personal information about you
We collect personal information about you when you provide it to us, such as through your use of our website and its features, when you contact us directly by email, phone, in writing, or via social media, when you order goods and services, when you use any of our other websites or applications or any other means by which you provide personal information to us. We also collect information about your use of our website through cookies and similar technologies.
Personal information we collect or obtain about you
Once you register with Tutoo, your email address is stored on our databases. Furthermore, we require the following data at a minimum to complete registration with our service; Your full name and title, Your physical address including postcode and town of residence, Your phone number, Your Date of Birth
We may also obtain personal information about you from certain publicly accessible sources, including (but not limited to) the electoral register, online customer databases, business directories, media publications, social media, websites and other publicly accessible sources.
- you already have the information
- providing you with the information would prove impossible or would involve a disproportionate effort;
- we are under an EU or EU member state law obligation to obtain or disclose the information which provides appropriate measures to protect your legitimate interests; or
- we are obliged to keep the information confidential as a result of an obligation of professional secrecy regulated by EU or EU member state law.
Your rights as a Data Subject
Following 25th May, GDPR comes into effect and you now legal right to protect your personal data. You will be able to access any of these rights by contacting us directly. The following list below is a summary of those rights;
- Right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Please contact us if you would like to know more about what data we hold about you.
- Right of rectification - you have a right to ask us to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to object - you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to restriction of processing - where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability - you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to be forgotten - you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records where there is no longer a good reason for us to continue to process it.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at any time if you are unhappy about the way we've handled your personal data.
Email AddressesWe take email privacy very seriously at tutoo.com. Any Email address sent to us (through registrations or our contact form) is never supplied or sold to 3rd parties for marketing purposes.