Terms of Service
These are the Terms and Conditions for Tutoo, you must agree to them as you register for our website. Please read through these conditions carefully before continuing to us our service. Existing members shall be informed of these Terms & Conditions once they login. Continued registration with tutoo is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time.
It is important that your email address we have filed on your account is up-to-date and you are able to access it. It is a requirement for use of our service that you are able to receive email communications for us.
1. The following expressions are given the following meanings:
(a) "Contract" means the agreement between the Tutor and the Tutee for the Tutor to perform services for the Tutee.
(b) "tutoo Website" means the website operated by tutoo.
(c) "Members" means both Tutors and Tutees.
(d) "Tutee" means a person that uses the tutoo Website with the intension of entering into a contractual relationship with a Tutor for the provision of tuition services by the Tutor to the Tutee or this can be the Tutee's parent/guardian.
(e) "Tutor" means a person that has appropriate qualifications and experience to provide tuition services in the areas advertised by the Tutor on the tutoo Website, with the intention of entering into a Contract to provide tuition to the Tutee or the Tutee's nominee.
2. In these Terms-
(a) words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa; and
(b) words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa. General
3. tutoo will take precautions it considers appropriate to keep the details of a Tutor and Tutee secure but will not be liable for unauthorised access to the information provided by a Tutor and Tutee on the tutoo Website.
4. tutoo is not responsible for appraising information on the tutoo Website. Members should exercise complete caution. Despite prohibitions, Members may provide information or otherwise behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading or illegal. Further, tutoo can offer no guarantee that Members are who they say they are.
5. All business undertaken by tutoo, a Tutor and/or a Tutee or his parent/guardian is transacted subject to these Terms. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and any other terms and conditions, these Terms shall prevail. Obligations of tutoo and related provisions
7. Members must not post any material to the tutoo Website which they do not own the copyright for.
8. Members must not impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or any name that they have do not have authority to use.
9. Members must not use our Website for illegal, unlawful or prohibited purposes. This includes sending or posting junk e-mail or spam, publishing misleading, defamatory, indecent, obscene or advertising material, or to send viruses.
10. A Tutor warrants that he-
(a) has the necessary qualifications and/or experience to provide tuition in the subjects specified on their profile within the tutoo Website.
(b) is of at least eighteen years of age;
12. Tutors who contact Tutees who are under the age of 18 must ensure that the Tutee has consent from a parent or a guardian to provide tuition services to the Tutee.
11. A Tutor is responsible for the prices quoted for his services on the tutoo Website and for collection of all fees due to a Tutor from a Tutee. tutoo is not liable to the Tutor for any fees that have not been paid and will not get involved in any disputes about fees between a Tutor and a Tutee.
12. A Tutor must contact a Tutee through the tutoo Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
13. A tutor takes full responsibility for all information that he provides on the tutoo Website and must indemnify tutoo in relation to any liability incurred by tutoo as a result of such information.
14. All information provided by a Tutor on the tutoo Website must be accurate and kept up-to-date. This includes a correct name, address, telephone number and qualification/experience details. Details entered by the Tutor on the tutoo Website will be publicly visible and may appear in search engine results.
15. A Tutor shall indemnify tutoo for all claims and liabilities arising out of any use by the Tutor of the tutoo Website, including costs and expenses incurred.
16. A Tutor must not be in any way abusive about a Tutee or his nominee on the tutoo Website or any other place.
17. A Tutor is not an employee of tutoo and accepts full responsibility for all Income Tax, National Insurance and other liabilities arising from use of the tutoo Website.
19. Use of the tutoo Website is entirely at a Tutor's own risk. A Tutor must exercise complete caution when using the tutoo Website and entering into any agreements to provide tutoring services to a Tutee.
20. It is forbidden that a Tutor completes on behalf of the Tutee any coursework, essays, or other assignments.
21. A Tutor must only accept payment for a single lesson at a time, to be paid at the completion of that lesson. A Tutor must not request any upfront fees.
22. A Tutee, or where relevant their parent/guardian, is responsible for verifying the credentials, expertise, references, CRB checks and qualifications of any Tutor with whom he enters into or proposes to enter into a Contract. tutoo does not offer any guarantee that any information provided on the tutoo Website is accurate and correct.
23. tutoo is not responsible for examination entry; this is the sole responsibility of the Tutee.
24. A Tutee, or where relevant their parent/guardian, accepts that his Contract for tuition services is with the Tutor. tutoo is not a party to such a Contract and is not responsible for the performance of any obligations agreed or impliedly agreed through actions between the Tutor and Tutee.
25. A Tutee cannot act as an agent to promote the services or opportunities of a company.
26. A Tutee must contact a Tutor through the tutoo Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
27. A Tutee who is under 18 years of age must have consent from a parent or a guardian to register and that parent or guardian must enter into any agreement with a Tutor to provide tuition services. It is the responsibility of that parent/guardian to check the credentials of the Tutor. tutoo is not responsible for any disputes regarding parental consent or any problems that a Tutee or a patent/guardian has experienced with a Tutor.
28. A Tutee agrees not to use tutoo to advertise, promote or search for tuition services for their own company, nor may an agency acting for a company register to promote their services or opportunities. Tuition agencies wanting to promote their service on tutoo should contact us.
29. A Tutee must not request a tutor to complete coursework, essays, or other assignments for them.
30. A Tutee must not publish any abusive comments about a Tutor or a Tutee on the tutoo Website or any other place. This include defamatory or derogatory comments.
30. A Tutee must not pay the Tutor for lessons in advance. tutoo are not liable for any financial loss that may occur as a result.
Liability, Indemnity and other provisions
31. Members agree to indemnify tutoo against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these Terms and Conditions or through use of the tutoo Website.
32. tutoo has no control over or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any material available on the tutoo Website, whether provided by Members or others. Third party websites may appear on the tutoo Website. tutoo does not endorse or have any responsibility for the site in question or anything which appears on it.
33. tutoo is not and cannot be responsible for the behavior of Members, whether on the tutoo Website or outside of it. tutoo only provide a service for a Tutor and Tutee to be introduced. tutoo does not pre-screen or monitor the material contributed by Members.
34. tutoo does not guarantee that a Tutor will be secured to meet the Tutee's needs.
35. tutoo is not liable for direct, indirect consequential or any other form of loss or damage that may be suffered by a Member through the use of the tutoo Website including loss of data or information or any kind of financial or physical loss or damage.
37. tutoo is not responsible for any grade received by a Tutee or any consequence that examination grades entails.
38. The code, brand and intellectual property of the tutoo Website cannot be reused without tutoo's consent. All copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the tutoo Website (including the material which is contributed by Members) are owned by tutoo. It is prohibited to copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from the tutoo Website, or any of the material which is found on the tutoo Website without the consent of tutoo. Please see our Copyright Notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
39. By submitting any material to the content to the tutoo Website, you:
(a) are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
(b) grant tutoo a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that material in any form and any place; and
(c) authorise tutoo to adapt the relevant material and you waive the right to be identified as the author of the material in question.
40. tutoo reserves the right to suspend or terminate a Member's access to the tutoo Website, or parts of it. tutoo reserves the right to remove, or require the Member to remove, material posted on the tutoo Website. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, the tutoo Website without prior consent from tutoo.
41. tutoo reserves the right to withdraw any material on the tutoo Website which appears, whether based on information received from Members or others or our own determination, to be capable of breaching any part of these Terms and Conditions, or to bring the tutoo Website into disrepute. tutoo does not generally monitor material which appears on the tutoo Website and tutoo is reliant upon Members to notify tutoo of anything Member's see here which appears likely to breach these Terms and Conditions.
42. tutoo reserves the right to withdraw or modify aspects of the tutoo Website, or the entirety of it.
43. tutoo may contact its members by the details we have stored on their account, this could include by email and phone.
44. The distance data supplied on the tutoo website is calculated using the latitude and longitude of the postcode. On occasions we only use part of the Postcode, so tutoo can not guarantee that the data supplied on distances between postcodes is accurate.
45. tutoo may use aggregated data for statistical analysis and may provide this to interested third parties.
46. tutoo may restrict access to the tutoo Website for any period and if necessary permanently at the sole discretion of tutoo. Members shall not be entitled to any reimbursement of any fees or expenses incurred as a result of such restriction or for any inconvenience caused.
48. The open-access nature of the tutoo Website means that tutoo cannot prevent determined people whose Membership has been suspended or terminated from re-accessing or re-registering as Members, in breach of their obligations under these Terms.
49. tutoo may monitor postings to the tutoo Website and communications through the tutoo. We have the right to remove or edit any postings or communications at their sole discretion.
In the event that any term of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
52. English Law and the jurisdiction of English Courts applies to these terms.